Call Our Firm For Personal Attention And One-On-One Advice

Know land use and zoning laws for properties you are considering

When you buy property in California, you can't do whatever you want to do on the land. Instead, you have to use the land in accordance with the applicable zoning and land use laws. These laws are set by municipalities to govern how land is used. A host of factors go into each one of these guidelines.

Buying property for your business has to include some research about what the land use and zoning laws state for the space. We know that this is something that you might not want to do when you think you found the perfect place for your business. Taking the time to complete this step could prevent you from buying a property that you can't use.

The zoning and land use laws for a piece of property can let you know what type of business or residence is allowed on the property. It can also tell you what type of buildings, outbuildings and other structures are allowed. Even the placement of utilities and the number of rooms that are allowed in a building on the property might be stipulated here.

If you have any issues with the zoning or land use laws for a property, you might be able to petition the municipality to change these. This is often a lengthy process that can be labor intensive. We can help you learn how you can fight to have the changes made, and we can discuss your options for dealing with these situations. We are here to represent your company's interests at each step of the process.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Brumfield & Hagan, LLP
2031 F Street
Bakersfield, CA 93301

Phone: 661-215-4980
Fax: 661-215-4989
Map & Directions